About the Data Science Association
Together, we can shape a better future using data science!
Data scientists have the best job in America! Read here.
What it's like to have the best job in America right now? Read here.
The Data Science Association is a non-profit professional association of data scientists that serves our members, improving the data science profession, eliminating bias and enhancing diversity, and advancing ethical data science throughout the world. The DSA is committed to supporting the data science profession with practical resources for data professionals while improving the practice of data science, accrediting schools, and establishing model ethical codes. Membership is open to data scientists, scientists, students, academics, and others interested in science and the data science profession.
Mission & Principles Mission
To promote data science to improve life, business and government.
Our guiding principles set the aspirations that we endeavor to achieve:
- Setting standards for the ethical professional practice of data science.
- Assuring base-level data scientist competency.
- Advancing data science to serve core values of the scientific method and noblesse oblige.
- Helping to shape a better future - not just for the powerful, but for the majority of people.
- Professional Advancement for Members
- Developing Data Science Canons and the Scientific Method
- Data Science / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence Education
- Data Science / Algorithm Ethics, Design and Execution